KAUF is a sole trader business. We make and sell beautiful lingerie directly through our website and also through third party websites.
Our contact details are:
Avec Building, 3-7 Sidney Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 4RG
We are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We capture information about you in order to enhance your experience. Our goal is to be clear and transparent about what information we collect and how we use and protect your personal information. This notice outlines how we may collect, use, store and process your personal information.
- Shall be processed lawfully and transparently
- Shall be limited to what is necessary for processing
- Shall be kept up to date with every effort to erase or rectify without delay
- Shall be processed securely
- Shall not be shared with third parties
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We also protect the security of your data during transmission using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software (ask your web designer if this is the correct wording as people will be purchasing via PayPal etc or using their credit/debit card details).
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
‘Personal information’ means any information relating to an individual, which can identify them – either directly or indirectly. We may collection the following information about you:
- Your name
- Your address details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone/mobile number
- Your email address
- Your order history
- Information about the device you use to browse our websites including the IP address and device type
This personal information will be collected when you do any of these:
- Set up an account on the KAUF website
- Place an order
- Sign up for our newsletter
- Fill out any forms on the KAUF website
- Correspond with us on email
- Browse our website
The sites are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information relating to children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 you should not use the Site, Social Media or provide any information about yourself including without limitation your name, address, email address or any screen name or username you may use.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS & OPTING OUT
If you purchase or willingly give us your email address, we will ask you for your permission to send you marketing messages by email to inform you about our new products and offers.
Data collected during your visit to our website may be used to create ads on third party websites that you may visit. Those ads are created via pixels and are based on information such as search history.
You can at any time decide to unsubscribe by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of the email, or by emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information for the following:
- To personalise your shopping experience on our site
- To allow us to handle your order, deliver products and process your payments and refunds.
- To update you on your order and delivery status
- For statistical, analytical or survey purposes, to allow us to improve our websites and their services to you.
- If you choose to consent, to notify you of products or special offers that we feel may be of interest to you
- website functionality cookies which allow you to navigate the website and use our shopping basket functionality
- website analytics cookies which allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the website, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience
- customer preference cookies which will remember your preferences (such as your location and local currency) when browsing or shopping on our website, so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible and more personal to you.
targeting or advertising cookies which are used to deliver adverts that are relevant to you. they also limit the number of times that you see an advert and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our website, you agree to us placing cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit our website in the future. You can delete any cookies already on your computer within your device’s browser. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected, and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our website that are designed to give you the best user experience. For further information about cookies, please visit: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/
SHARING, ACCESSING AND CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
We may share your personal information with companies who assist us in operating the website and in servicing you. Please note that each of our service providers meet the requirements of the GDPR.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Where you request access to your information, we are required to use all reasonable measures to verify your identity before doing so. These measures only exist to protect your information and to reduce risk of identity fraud, theft or unauthorised access to your information. We therefore kindly ask you to send us original or certified copies of the following documentation: passport, identity card, birth certificate or driving licence. One of those above documents is required in order to request personal information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES OR SOCIAL MEDIA
We want to ensure you remain in control of your personal data. The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) give everyone a number of very important rights. These include:
- Right of access – You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Right of rectification – If personal information that we hold about you is not accurate or is out of date and requires amendment or correction you have a right to have the data rectified or completed.
- Right of erasure – In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that personal information we hold about you is erased (e.g. if the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed).
- Right to object to or restrict processing – In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information. For example, if we are processing your information on the basis of our legitimate interests, and there are no compelling legitimate grounds for our processing which override your rights and interests.
- Right of data portability – In certain instances, you have a right to receive any personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to withdraw consent – In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time.
Exercising your rights
If you wish to exercise any of your rights under the GDPR, please email us at email@example.com
Our lead supervisory authority for the processing set out in this notice is the UK ICO. If you are unhappy with how we have processed your data, you have the right to make a complaint to the ICO.
- You may choose to restrict use of your personal information by leaving comments or questions as a guest.
- Electronic communications will contain an ‘unsubscribe’ link.
- You can ask us to remove you from our database at any time by contacting Charlotte Kaufman on firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will hold your personal data for as long as you have an account and for as long as is necessary to comply with our legal/ regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse or enforce our terms and conditions.
When we no longer need to retain your personal data, it will be deleted or be anonymised so that you can no longer be identified from it.
We securely destroy all financial information once we have used it and no longer need it.
TRANSFERS OF YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
Where a third-party provider is located outside the European Economic Area, we will ensure that the transfer of personal data will be protected by the appropriate safeguards.
THINGS YOU CAN DO TO ENHANCE THE PROTECTION OF YOUR DATA
We recommend that you take the following measures to help to protect your online safety:
- Keep your account passwords private
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters with word/number combinations and something that is not easily guessed by hackers such as your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained.
- Avoid using the same password for different online accounts.